Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hospital pictures.

I had no idea that hospital photos are so artsy nowadays. I always thought they lined up babies and did mugshot type photos in the nursery. Not the case.

These were done some time on March 1, the day after Joe was born. I have very little recollection of any of this happening. You can probably tell by how awesome I look. Please note they made me move my gown to look like I was topless. I was not. I have no idea why they do that or why I agreed. I guess I was on serious pain meds and highly suggestible.

Also of note, it was our quasi wedding anniversary. Since we got married on February 29, 2012, we planned to celebrate it on March 1. Clay spent our anniversary cleaning meconium off Joe's bum, and I spent the day alternately trying to feed Joe and pushing the button on the demerol pain pump. We'll have to do a make up date, I think.

On a more positive note, the blue blanket on Joe in these pictures was Clay's baby blanket that his MawMaw Alma had made for him. Ms. Gayle brought it to us, and we're so grateful she did!

We did get some professional photos at our home last Friday, too. Those should be available in a few weeks. For now, here is Baby Joe at one day old.

For those trying to figure out who he looks like...he has my nose, Clay's mouth, jury's out on the eyes (he has the slightly lazy left eye like me, but they're blue in color like Clay - for now anyway). His hands and feet are very large compared to the rest of his tiny self.



No comments:

Post a Comment